The Water Conservation Division implements the City’s water management program and offers a variety of water efficiency services and information to the City’s water customers. These services include water wise house calls, commercial water audits, large landscape water audits, rebate programs, community presentations, and water waste enforcement. The water conservation division also supports the City’s public outreach and education related to drought conditions and long-term water conservation strategies.
Don Smith, Water Management Coordinator
Don Smith is Folsom's Water Management Coordinator and has worked for the City since 2003. Don is a California Licensed Landscape Contractor and has extensive work experience in plumbing, landscape and irrigation. Prior to joining the City, he owned and operated a landscape contracting business for 20 years. Don is a member of the following organizations:
- American Water Works Association (AWWA) - Water Conservation Practitioner
- Irrigation Association - Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor (CLIA)
- Regional Water Authority (RWA) - Water Efficiency Program Committee
- Co-Chair of the Regional Water Authority (RWA) Landscape Sub-committee
Water Management Program
Folsom has a comprehensive Water Management Program. An important component of our program is a proactive effort to educate residents about the need for water conservation and to share water conservation tips and strategies.
Folsom’s Water Management Program offers a variety of water efficiency services and information to City residents and businesses. Water conservation services include:
- Public Outreach
Our focus is on water conservation education to encourage Folsom residents and businesses to reduce water use and we provide information as to how everyone can do their part.
- Water Wise House Calls
A free evaluation of indoor and outdoor water use for residential water customers, including an irrigation checkup. Read more about the Water Wise House Calls.
- Commercial Water Audits
How water efficient is your business? We can help you identify wasteful practices and fixtures that will save water and money.
- Large Landscape Irrigation Audits
A more detailed evaluation of irrigation systems for our customers with larger landscapes.
- Rebates Read more to see if you qualify for a rebate.
- Community Presentations
We are available to speak to any community group on a wide range of water conservation subjects including water wise landscaping and irrigation, new technology or other current water issues.
- Water Waste Enforcement
Help us protect the safety and reliability of our water supply. If you see a water waste problem anywhere in Folsom on residential or commercial, public or private properties please let us know at 916-355-7252 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
To contact the Water Management Program for information or to make an appointment call 916-355-7252 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Updates
- May 8, 2017 -- Upcoming workshop: "Creating Drought-Resilient Landscapes" w/ Cheryl Buckwalter (June 1)
- April 7, 2017 -- Gov. Brown Lifts Drought Emergency, Retains Prohibition on Wasteful Practices
- July 6, 2015 -- Letter to SWRCB about Revised River Temperature Management Plan
- May 1, 2015 -- City of Folsom response to April 28, 2015 SWRCB Draft Emergency Regulations
- April 28, 2015 -- Presentation to City Council on April 2015 Drought Executive Order
- April 22, 2015 -- City of Folsom response to April 18, 2015 SWRCB Draft Emergency Regulations
- April 22, 2015 -- RWA response to April 18, 2015 SWRCB Draft Emergency Regulations
- April 22, 2015 -- NSWA response to April 18, 2015 SWRCB Draft Emergency Regulations
- April 20, 2015 -- The City of Folsom, Folsom Lake, and Drought Conditions in California
- April 18, 2015 -- SWRCB Draft Emergency Regulations
- April 13, 2015 -- RWA response to April 7, 2015 SWRCB Draft Emergency Regulations
- April 1, 2015 -- Governor Brown’s Executive Order