Building Safety Division
Chief Building Official
New California Codes Go Into Effect January 1, 2014 - Click here for details.
Please note that since the adoption of the 2010 California Residential Code (CRC) on January 2011, all newly constructed one- and two- family dwellings and townhouses are required to be equipped with an automatic fire sprinkler system in accordance with Section R313. Click here for more information.
The Building Division plan checks building permit plans for code compliance, issues permits for commercial and residential construction, conducts building inspections, and assists the public, owners, and contractors with building code questions and issues.
- All pertinent information on the permit application must be filled out and the application must be signed in order to be processed.
- Faxed applications will usually be processed the next business day. You will be notified when the application has been processed and the fees have been calculated. (See acceptable projects below)
- Permits are issued between the hours of 8:00 A.M and 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Incomplete plans and documents cannot be accepted!
Acceptable Projects for Faxed Permits - Fax to (916)351-3363
- Minor plumbing, mechanical, and electrical work.
- Replacement of hot water heaters.
- Replacement of wall furnaces or HVAC units of equal or less BTU ratings.
- Re-roofing without adding additional weight to roof (i.e., replacing composition with concrete tile).
- Repair or replace water and/or gas lines.
- Termite Repair showing estimate of work and specific items to be repaired.
Inspection Request Line number is (916) 355-7210. Inspections requested before 2:30 pm will be scheduled to occur on the following business day.
Plan Check on new residential plans takes approximately 20 business days.
Over-the-Counter Permits can usually be issued for re-roofs, replacement heating and air conditioning units, replacement of water lines, gas lines, water heater replacements and electrical work including electrical service upgrades.
NEW! Folsom Accelerated Small Tenant Improvement Review (F.A.S.T.I.R.) for Business and Mercantile Occupancies
The City of Folsom F.A.S.T.I.R. process was created to allow customers and their designers to schedule one-hour appointments on Tuesday and Thursday mornings with appropriate City staff to review plans for eligible minor and moderate commercial interior tenant improvements and demolitions. For complete details, please click here. Please be aware that all appointments are on a first come, first served basis. To schedule an appointment, click here.
NOTICE!! Are you doing exterior work on your property??
You may need an Architectural Design Review. Click here for more details.
|Copyright © 2000 - 2013 Civica Software, CA||Powered by|