The Community Development Department is responsible for the implementation and administration of the City’s housing programs and policies, including Residential Rehabilitation Programs, Inclusionary Housing Ordinance, Regulatory Agreement Monitoring, and reporting on affordable housing production to various agencies such as the State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) and the Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG).
According to the City of Folsom General Plan Housing Element Policy Document (adopted June 25, 2002), the housing goals of the City are as follows:
1. To provide for the City’s regional share of new housing for all income groups
2. To encourage development of affordable housing
3. To improve the existing supply of housing
4. To ensure housing opportunity
5. To promote energy conservation
6. To promote the preservation of historic residences
7. To plan for the use of redevelopment housing set-aside funds
For more information regarding the City of Folsom’s housing programs and policies, please contact Stephanie Henry, by phone at (916) 351-3349 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
In May 2011, the City adopted a Reasonable Accommodation Ordinance (Municipal Code Chapter 17.116) to facilitate equal access to housing for persons with disabilities and remove barriers for persons with disabilities to live in the community (Ordinance No. 1147). The purpose of the Ordinance is to provide an expedient process for individuals with disabilities to make requests for exemptions from, or modification of, the various land use, zoning, or building laws, rules, policies, practices and/or procedures of the City.