FOLSOM COMMUNITY FACILTIES
50 Natoma Street
Folsom, CA 95630
Fax (916) 351-3522
RENTAL POLICIES AND INFORMATION
1. Reservations will be taken at the Parks & Recreation Service Counter at 48 Natoma Street, Folsom, CA 95630 (355-7299) Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. or by appointment. Inquiries can be made in person or by telephone. Telephone inquiries should not be considered confirmed reservations.
2. Reservations for a specific date are accepted on a first come, first served basis, a maximum of one year in advance of the rental date. A lottery drawing will be held if more than one party requests the same date one year in advance. Requesting parties must be present at the Community Center at 1:00 P.M. on the requested date one year in advance to be eligible for the drawing. Folsom residents and resident businesses will have priority over non-residents prior to a lottery drawing taking place. If a reservation involves more than one consecutive date, for example, May 2nd through May 5th, this entire reservation could be made one year in advance on May 2nd. Consecutive date reservations must involve similar time frames and room sizes.
3. Events may not last beyond 1:00 am, without prior approval from the Community Center Staff.
4. Rental permits for groups composed of persons under the age of 21 will be issued only to adults who accept supervisory responsibility throughout the period covered by the rental contract.
5. To secure your reservation, a deposit of 50% of the total rental fee is required. The remaining balance and any additional fees are due sixty (60) days prior to the event.
6. The Community Center staff reserves the right to book additional events before and after your confirmed rental time.
7. Payments may be in the form of a check, cash, or credit card, (American Express, Discover, Master Card, or Visa).
8. Arrangements must be made by the renting party or caterer to have all rental equipment picked up and removed from the Center the same day as the event. The City of Folsom is not responsible for any damage or theft of any items left by the renting party or caterer.
9. You are welcome to tour the Community Center during the hours of operation provided that an event is not in progress. If you wish to talk with a staff member regarding your event plans, please schedule an appointment by calling the Community Center office at 355-7299.
10. Any applicant, group, or organization wishing to reserve multiple dates for a series of events such as weekly or monthly meetings, may reserve a maximum of twelve (12) dates per application in any calendar year.
1. A security deposit is required for all facility rentals. The deposit amount is collected in the form of a credit card authorization. Approximately one week before the rental date, your card will be authorized for a specific amount depending on which facility you reserve. This amount will either be $100, $300, $600, or $900. The card is not actually charged, but the funds are held until one week after the event. If an event causes the need for: a) cleaning procedures which are beyond the scope of normal Community Center maintenance, b) repairs or replacement due to structural or equipment damage, or c) the event does not meet or exceeds contractual terms, the security deposit in part or in total may be used to pay for these services.
2. A facility inspection will be conducted immediately following the event by the Community Center staff to determine the condition of the facility, including the assembly areas, restrooms, and kitchen. If all clean up requirements are completed, no damage has occurred, and the rental time has not been exceeded, the Community Center representative will O.K. the release of the security deposit.
1. Cancellations of confirmed reservations will be subject to the following conditions and fees:
A. In excess of six months in advance of the scheduled date, the city will retain 25% of the total rental fee.
B. With sixty (60) to one hundred eighty (180) days notice, the city will retain 50% of the total rental fee.
C. With less than sixty (60) days notice, the city will retain 100% of the total rental fee.
1. A Community Center attendant will be on duty during the entire event. The attendant will open the facility, and provide information and direction. The attendants will not be available to serve, decorate, or be involved in the event.
2. Tables and chairs are provided, and will be set up and taken down by Community Center staff. Set up diagrams must be submitted at least one (1) week prior to the event. Tables and
chairs are not to be taken outside by the renting party. There is an additional fee for set ups
on the outdoor patio. The tables are 60-inch rounds, which seat six to eight people; eight is recommended. A limited number of 6 and 8-foot rectangular tables are available for head tables, buffet tables, etc. The chairs are stackable and have a dark gold frame with padded beige seats and backs.
3. If an event requires more than one set up in the same room, an additional fee of 1 hour's rental will be charged for each set up.
4. Additional equipment is available and can be reserved. Please see the list of equipment and additional fees that may apply.
5. The Community Center will not be opened prior to the rental time for caterers, musicians, decorators or deliveries.
6. The Community Center attendant is authorized to enforce all facility use rules and regulations.
7. There are two parking lots available at the Community Center. One lot, located in front of the building has 86 parking spaces, and a large lot in the rear of the facility contains 230 spaces. Parking availability may be limited due to other events, and is not guaranteed.
1. The renting party is responsible for the following cleaning duties:
A. All tables must be cleared of all items such as table linens, dishes, decorations, etc. Table linens rented through the Community Center may be left on the tables.
B. All trash must be placed in receptacles provided. If any trash will not fit in the receptacles, such as boxes or other large items, it must be taken out to the trash dumpsters located behind the building. The Community Center will provide additional trash liners if needed. Boxes must be broken down before being placed in the dumpster.
C. All decorations must be taken down and removed from the Center.
D. The kitchen and bar areas must be thoroughly cleaned and returned to their original level of cleanliness. This includes all work areas, ovens, stoves, grills, refrigerators, sinks, and floors. If one of the Center’s caterers is selected, they will be responsible for all kitchen clean up. If a non-recommended caterer is used, it is the renter’s responsibility to ensure that all kitchen clean up is completed. In addition, all food and equipment brought in by the caterer must be removed prior to leaving the facility. Supplies needed to clean the kitchen and bar must be provided by the renting party or caterer with the exception of a mop, broom, and trash can liners.
2. Sweeping and mopping the Ballroom floor is not the renter’s responsibility and will be done by the Community Center staff. However, the facility should be relatively free of debris and spills. If excess trash, food, or spills are left on the floor, the security deposit will be withheld to cover the cost of the extra clean up.
3. If the clean up requirements are not completed in a satisfactory manner, the security deposit, or portion thereof will be retained to cover the cost of said clean up, including materials and labor.
4. Remember: The rental time must include all the time necessary for decoration and clean up!
OPTIONAL CLEANING PACKAGE
(Community Center Ballroom events only)
An optional cleaning package is available for a fee of $200. The cleaning package includes cleaning the Bar and Ballroom areas only, specifically cleaning the appliances, cabinets, counters, furniture, and sinks. In addition, all trash and debris will be removed, floors swept and mopped. The cleaning packages does not include the take down or removal of decorations, and does not include the cleaning of areas other than the Bar and Ballroom. Renters must select and pay for the optional cleaning package at least two weeks prior to the date of their event.
POLICIES AND CONDITIONS
1. Parking availability is not guaranteed and may be limited.
2. There is direct access to the kitchen. Check with attendants for entrance route.
3. Storage is not available either before or after an event.
4. Barbecuing requires advanced approval and is restricted to certain areas outside the facility.
5. Rice, birdseed, confetti, hay, straw and glitter are not permitted in or outside the center.
6. The City reserves the right to cancel a scheduled event without liability. Refunds will be made if cancellation is necessary.
7. The renting party is responsible for securing all required permits and shall present evidence of such permits to the Community Center staff prior to the rental date.
8. Smoking is not permitted inside the Community Center. Smoking is allowed on the outdoor patio and in front of the building.
9. The applicant/renter and/or organization agrees to hold the City of Folsom harmless of any and all claims arising from their rental and further agrees to defend and pay any and all costs incurred by the City as a result of any claims against the City arising from the rental and use of City facilities.
10. Under no circumstances shall the applicant/renter, and or organization sublease or allow any other organization or individual to use the facility during the time and on the date for which they have contracted.
11. All outside music and live entertainment shall cease at 10:00 P.M.
12. The City of Folsom reserves the right to control noise levels at all events held on City property. Should a noise conflict arise, City staff reserves the right to adjust volumes and noise to reasonable levels in order to satisfy all parties involved.
13. Sitting or standing on tables is not permitted, and could result in serious injury if table collapses.
14. Any event that charges an admission fee or at which goods or services are sold must obtain a business license from the City of Folsom Finance Department at least ten (10) days prior to the event.
15. Security may be required for certain types of events held at the Community Center. Each renting party will be notified if their event requires security and the number of uniformed officers needed.
16. Fees will not be refunded for reserved time not used. Reserved time should be chosen carefully; after fees are paid, there will be no refunds for decreased reserved or actual use time.
Evidence of liability insurance covering both the renter and the City of Folsom in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence must be provided for all events. Special event liability insurance can be purchased at the Community Center office. Rates are based on the number of participants, and the classification of the event. Organizations who have their own liability insurance can provide a policy certificate. Certificates of insurance must include a separate endorsement page, and name the City of Folsom as an additionally insured party. All certificates and endorsements must be approved by the Community Center staff (30) days prior to facility use.
All decorations must be UL approved (flame-retardant). The use of nails, tacks, scotch tape, staples, pins, etc, is not permitted. Painter’s tape only can be used and must be removed after use. Decorations, and or any type of wire or cord may not be hung, tied, or draped on any light fixture inside or outside the facility. Decorations cannot be affixed to the stage curtains or drapes. All decorations must be taken down and removed from the facility immediately after an event. Candles must be completely enclosed in a glass, or non-flammable holder. The use of glitter, metallic confetti, straw, and sand is not permitted. All decorations must be approved by the Community Center Coordinator, or representative at least 1 week prior to the event. Decorations may be required to pass fire marshal approval.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE POLICY
1. Alcohol may be consumed without a permit when there is no monetary exchange for the beverage or when there is no admission charged to the event.
2. Events involving exchange of monetary consideration (example: purchase of meal or a meal ticket with any form of alcohol being served as a part of the meal) requires a License from the State of California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC). ABC will issue one-day permits to non-profit groups who wish to sell beer, wine or distilled spirits at fundraisers. Approval for the permit must be granted by the City of Folsom Police Department prior to going to ABC. ABC will not issue permits to private citizens or groups. A caterer with a liquor
license must serve alcoholic beverages at events held by private citizens or groups where there is monetary exchange.
ABC Address: 3321 Power Inn Road Sacramento, CA (916) 227-2002
City of Folsom Police: 46 Natoma St. Folsom, CA (916) 355-7242
3. The alcohol permit must be prominently displayed during the event. The Community Center attendant is required to check the license prior to allowing alcohol to be served.
4. The consumption of alcoholic beverages by any individuals under the age of 21 will not be tolerated on City of Folsom property. During an event and/or contracted rental time, should underage drinking be reasonably suspected and/or witnessed by City staff, the event will be immediately terminated and Folsom Police Department will be called. Should an event or contracted rental time be terminated due to underage drinking, a refund will not be issued.
CATERER'S RESPONSIBILITIES -KITCHEN CLEANING
The kitchen must be returned to its pre-event condition. If additional clean up or repair is required by the Community Center Staff, the deposit, or portion thereof, will be retained to cover the cost of said cleanup or repair.
Kitchen Cleaning Responsibilities
1. Remove all trash to outside dumpsters. Cardboard boxes should be flattened before putting in the dumpster. Place new liners in all trash receptacles.
2. Each piece of equipment used must be cleaned and shut down according to directions provided.
3. Surface clean all appliances used; clean any spills in ovens and on oven racks.
4. All stainless steel surfaces (prep tables and work counters) must be washed with dish soap and hot water; sprayed with disinfectant; and dried with a clean, soft cloth.
5. Grills must be brushed with a wire brush, all food debris cleaned off, and run through the dishwasher. All stainless steel surfaces around grills must be cleaned and free of grease and food debris.
6. Remove all food particles from sinks, wash with dish soap and hot water, spray with disinfectant, and dry with a clean, soft cloth.
7. Empty, rinse, and replace mesh food particle screens inside dishwasher. Restack dish trays.
8. Empty refrigerators and walk-ins of all food and beverage, clean inside of refrigerators, mop any spills in the walk-ins, wipe off all racks with a damp cloth.
9. Sweep all debris from floor; and mop all floor surfaces used with detergent, and hot water.
10. Empty all grease traps and spill pans and wash with dish soap and hot water.
11. Empty warming bins and refrigerated bins of all food and wipe clean with a damp cloth.
12. Wash braising pans with dish soap and hot water, remove all particles, rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean, soft cloth.
13. Remove all food particles from the stovetops, wash with dish soap and hot water, and dry with a clean, soft cloth.
14. Clean all stainless steel surfaces behind and above cooking areas.
Bar Cleaning Responsibilities
1. Remove all trash to outside dumpsters. Cardboard boxes should be flattened before putting in the dumpster. Place new liners in all trash receptacles.
2. Wipe off all stainless steel surfaces (sink areas) remove ice from ice sinks and dry thoroughly with a clean dry cloth.
3. Wipe off all counters.
4. Remove all food and beverage items from the coolers and wipe off racks and all surfaces.
5. Remove all food and beverage items from the walk-in, wipe off racks, and mop floor with a germicidal detergent and hot water.
6. Sweep all debris from floors and mop using germicidal detergent and hot water.
Before leaving the building, the Community Center attendant must meet with the caterer to go over the cleaning checklist and sign off on the condition of the kitchen in order for the cleaning/damage deposit to be refunded.
*NOTE: Caterers must furnish all cooking and serving utensils. In addition, all clean up supplies must be furnished by the caterer or renting party. The Community Center will provide a mop, broom, and trash liners.
Cleaning Supplies Needed:
1. All - purpose dish soap
2. Sanitizing solution
3. Germicidal detergent
4. Sponges, rags, drying cloths
5. Oven cleaner
6. Wire brush for cleaning broiler
Kitchen Equipment Includes:
2 6-burner gas range with oven
2 Under fired radiant broiler
2 40 gallon tilting braising pan
2 Double compartment convection steamer
8 Convection Oven
2 2 section reach-in refrigerator
1 2 section reach-in freezer
2 Walk-in Refrigerators
1 Ice Machine with 1,200 lb. storage bin
1 300 cup coffee urn
12 Under counter hot food bin
8 Under counter refrigerated bin
2 Glo-Ray food warmer
4 Mobile holding cabinet with heating unit
8 Mobile angle rack
4 Mobile work table
4 Work table with prep sink
1 Cook’s table
1 Conveyor dishwasher
1 5HP disposer
2 2HP disposer
4 Mobile cup/glass rack dolly
6 Mobile utensil rack
1 Ice cream freezer
1 Dessert counter
1 Beverage counter with sink
Kitchen square footage: 2,300
Kitchen layout provides for two caterers to work simultaneously. Parties renting only one-half of the Ballroom include only one-half of the kitchen.