Docent Guided Tour Reservations
For more information you can call the zoo ticket booth: 916-351-3527 during normal zoo hours
Normal Hours: (Sept - May) Tuesday through Sunday and most hoildays from 10.00am - 4.00pm (We're closed Monday, which is an animal rest day, unless it's a major holiday)
Summer Hours: (June - Aug) Tueday through Sunday and most holidays from 9.00am - 3.00pm (We're closed Monday, which is an animal rest day, unless it's a major holiday)
When You Arrive at the Zoo
- To provide the best possible tour experience for students, the Zoo Sanctuary will schedule one docent for each 10 to 15 students. All of the docents have gone through our training program and have been fingerprinted. Please be prepared to divide your students into smaller touring groups prior to the beginning of the tour.
- When you arrive at the Zoo, a docent will greet you at the entrance. Your tour will begin promptly at the reserved time: therefore, please plan to arrive at the Zoo at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. Late arrival may unfortunately necessitate a shorter tour. To expediate the entrance process, please have your total number of students and adults available for ticket booth staff. Please make sure all prepaid participants are wearing the provided wristbands on their right arm to show the ticket booth staff upon entry. A SMALL number of additional participants may be added on the day of the tour. Fees for these individuals should be pre-collected before the tour begins and given to the docent in charge when you arrive, so the docent can get your additional wristbands. The tour will not begin until all additional fees have been collected.
- There are restrooms in front of the Zoo. Tours last approximately one hour.
- All tour fees must be prepaid.
- School Tours are scheduled for a minimum of 10 students. They are scheduled Tuesday through Friday at either 9.45am or 11.00am. If you have less than 10 students, the minimum number fee applies. One adult chaperone per 10 students may attend at no cost. Chaperones are responsible for supervision and must remain with the group at all times.
- Special Tours are tours scheduled at times other than Tuesday through Friday at either 9.45 or 11.00am. There is a 10 person minimum. One adult chaperone per 10 children may attend at no cost. Chaperones are responsible for supervision and must remain with the group at all times.
- Payment is due within 21 days of invoice date. Payment may be made by check, (made out to: The Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary), cash, money order, Visa, or Mastercard. Non payment will result in the cancellation of your tour.
- At least 30 days notice is required for all cancellations, date change requests, or to reduce the number of participants expected; less notice results in full charges.
- Tours are conducted rain or shine unless Zoo staff determines the conditions are too extreme. In this case, your tour may be rescheduled.
- Covered picnic facilities and a large play structure are available outside the Zoo in the park.
To provide a more pleasant visit for all zoo patrons and admit large groups fairly, the following policy will be in affect for the spring/summer season.
Admittance to the zoo during peak times (beginning of April through the end of June) will be based on reservation priority. Tours and Groups with pre-paid reservations will be admitted first. If a group does not have reservations and the zoo is at capacity, they will be deferred to the park until a group has exited the zoo.
Things to remember:
- There will be two Docent Guided Tour times and two Self-Guided Pre-Paid Group Visit times available per day.
- Groups without reservations may arrive at the zoo during those times, but may have to wait if all reservation times are taken. If the zoo is at capacity, the group will be asked to spend time in the park or ride the train until a group has exited.
- There are no Monday tours.
|Copyright © 2000 - 2015 Civica Software, CA||Powered by||