The Folsom Police Department commitment to the philosophy of Community Policing is evident by the collaborative community partnerships that have been developed and using problem solving strategies as follows:
- Identification of residential and commercial areas that have a high level of reported individuals responsible for criminal activity. Identify peak hours in which crimes are occurring and individuals who are repeat offenders;
- Assist neighborhood organizations in graffiti and refuse eradication;
- Work with school officials by providing counseling, education and training of children in discouraging drug and alcohol use;
- Provide liaison with other public organizations: Fire, Street, Garbage, Building Inspection Departments, Code Enforcement, and County Health. Identify hazards that exist in targeted locations and utilize these public resources to correct deficiencies;
- Conduct targeted enforcement of narcotics violations in known high crime areas utilizing undercover and high-visibility tactics;
- Identify known gang members and provide counseling oriented toward redirecting the youth to community activities through the City's Park and Recreation Departments.