Police Department Records Division
Open to the Public: NEW HOURS!
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Closed every Wednesday
Phone: (916) 355-7236
Fax: (916) 985-6812
Copies of Police Reports
- The cost for copies of police crime and accident reports** is $6.00 per report.
- ** For your convenience, most vehicle accident reports, written by the Folsom Police Department, are available for purchase on-line. The on-line charge for a vehicle accident report is $16.00 and you may pay for your report via this secure site with a credit card or you may contact LexisNexis at (888) 332-8244. If you need a copy of a vehicle accident report and wish to obtain a copy on-line, please go to https://ecrash.lexisnexis.com.
From the report search page, you will be able to search for your report, view it and print it in the convenience of your home or office. You can search for reports using the date of the collision, the driver's last name, and the report number. You must have all three pieces of information in order to obtain your report on-line. Most reports are available within ten (10) days of the accident. If it has been more than ten (10) days and your vehicle accident report is not available on-line, please contact the Records Division at (916) 355-7236.
- Be advised that not all reports can be released when requested. Call the Records Division prior to going to the Police Department to determine if the report can be released. Not all reports are Public Records (for example: Child Abuse reports, Medical/Mental Illness reports, Arrest reports not adjudicated and reports that are under investigation). If you wish to obtain a report, you must complete a written request for Public Records Release. Release forms can be obtained from the above link or at the front counter at the Police Deparment. Police reports cannot be faxed unless requested by a Law Enforcement Agency.
Release of Towed/Stored Vehicles
- The cost for the release of a towed/stored vehicle is $155. This fee is in addition to any and all fees imposed on the vehicles registered owner by the tow/storage facility.
- Vehicles will only be released to the registered owner or agent. Registration and ownership must be current prior to release of any vehicle. If the registered owner is unavailable, a notorized affidavit allowing another person to take possession of the vehicle must be submitted to the Police Department.
- Vehicles will only be released to a licensed driver.
- The Police Department will not impose fees on vehicles that have been recovered after theft; however, the registered owner is still liable for fees imposed by the tow/storage facility.
- The fee for release of a repossessed vehicle is $12.
- Vehicles in need of VIN verification must be accessible by a Police Officer in order for verification. The fee for VIN verification is $42.
- A clearance letter is a local criminal history check for the City of Folsom only. Forms requesting a clearance letter are available at the Records Division of the Police Department. You must be a current resident of the City of Folsom. You must appear in person and have a valid ID showing you are a Folsom resident. The fee for a clearance letter is $40.
Release of Property/Evidence
For further information please contact the Folsom Police Department Records Division.
- Property may be released Monday, Wednesday, or Friday by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call or email Debbie Simmons (email@example.com) or Laura Knudsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 916-355-7239. Please leave a message with your name, case number and phone number. You will receive a call back as soon as someone is available.
|Copyright © 2000 - 2014 Civica Software, CA||Powered by||