Low Graphics Version 
About FolsomCity ServicesCalendarsDepartmentsOn-Line ServicesContact Us
Homepage > ... > Police > Stay Informed > FAQ'sE-mail storyPrint friendly format


Who do I call for a life threatening emergency?

Call "9-1-1". The Police Department's main business line is 355-7230; the non-emergency number to report a crime is 355-7231.

If I call "9-1-1" on my cell phone, who will I reach?

Folsom Police Department answers all wireless cell phone calls in the City of Folsom.  Some calls made near the Highway 50 corridor may reach the California Highway Patrol as they retain jurisdiction over all freeways.  

What number do I call for a non-emergency?


How do I dipose of unused or unwanted medications?

The Folsom Police Department is committed to safeguarding lives and protecting the environment.  If you do not use all of your prescribed over-the-counter medication, there are steps you can take to ensure that unused medications are disposed of properly: 


Medical Review Board:

U.S. Fish & Wildlife/American Pharmacists Association

For additional inquiries, contact the Folsom Police Department Evidence and Property Room at (916) 355-7359.

Does the Folsom Police Department do fingerprinting?

Live Scan/fingerprinting is no longer available at the Folsom Police Department.  Please contact the California Department of Justice for available locations.  http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints 

Who do I call about animal problems such as dogs running loose in the neighborhood?

Animal Care and Regulation for the citizens of Folsom is provided by the Folsom Police Department.  You may contact the Dispatch Center at 355-7231.  If you are calling regarding a barking dog, a police officer will be sent to the area to confirm whether or not the dog is still barking.  The Police Department will then contact the Code Enforcement Department who will send out a courtesy letter to the dog owner.

What are the rules regarding excessive noise?

Yard work, construction noise, etc. cannot start before 7 a.m. Monday-Friday. On Saturday & Sunday the time is 8 a.m.

Who do I call if I see vehicles running stop signs and speeding?

Call 355-7231. Identify the type of car, license plate, driver, etc., if possible.

What do I do when approached by solicitors who make me feel uncomfortable?

Shut the door, if possible. Request to see his/her solicitor's permit for the City of Folsom (not just the County of Sacramento). Call 355-7231 if concerned in any way.

Who do I call for sign removal?

Call the City of Folsom Code Enforcement Department at 355-7316.

Powered byCivica Software