Solid Waste Division
Solid Waste Customer Service
Call 916-355-8367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For billing questions or to start or stop service:
Call 916-355-7295 or email email@example.com
|The 2015-2016 Recycling and Green Waste collection schedules |
have been mailed. Visit the collection schedule page for electronic versions of the collection schedules.
The goal of the City’s Solid Waste Division is to provide cost-effective and efficient solid waste, recycling and hazardous materials collection services for our residential and business community. Folsom has always strived to improve it's solid waste services. These improvements include a residential curbside recycling program that has enabled the City of Folsom to meet the State’s stringent mandate for recycling 50 percent of the City's waste.
The City of Folsom also offers one of the only door-to-door programs in the state for the collection of household hazardous and electronic waste. Recycling hazardous waste is critical in protecting our environment from the potentially harmful effects of these materials.
The Neighborhood Cleanup Program offers single family households the opportunity to receive up to three pickups per year of bulky waste. Residents can make their appointments electronically through our online appointment process.
» Report Illegal Dumping
If you see a pile on the street, note the location and immediately contact the Solid Waste Division at 916-355-8367.
If possible, please provide the address or cross street nearest the illegally dumped materials. By making a quick and accurate report, City staff can take action to have it removed. If possible, please provide the address or cross street nearest the illegally dumped materials.
If you actively witness illegal dumping, please contact the City of Folsom Police Department at 916-355-7231 with the license plate, vehicle make and model, and a description of the violator.
» Schedule Online
The City's Neighborhood Cleanup Program has an online appointment system. Schedule a pickup of bulky items on a date that's convenient for you...Neighborhood Cleanup Webpage.
» Citizen Representation through the City's Utility Commission
Folsom residents play an important role in ensuring utility services are in tune with the public's interests and preferences. The Utility Commission (UC) is a seven-member group appointed by the Folsom City Council. Five of the members are individually appointed, and two are appointed “at large” by the Council as a whole. The UC meets monthly to review budgets, discuss operations of all city utilities (solid waste, sewer and water), and ensure that City of Folsom staff are aware of the resident’s concerns. Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m., the third Tuesday of every month at City Hall. The public is welcome to attend.
» Programs and Services:
- For any billing questions, please call 916-355-7265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extra pick-ups: Fee: $15 per cart - available Monday through Friday for any type of cart - call 916-355-8367 ext #1
- Neighborhood Cleanup - for collection of bulky items that won't fit in your trash cart - No additional charge (3 times per year) - call 916-355-8367 ext. #1
- Missed pickups and cart service change requests – (damaged carts, additional carts, and cart substitutions) – call 916-355-8367 ext. #1
- Door-to-Door household hazardous and electronic waste recycling (batteries, oil, paint, antifreeze, TV’s, computer monitors, fluorescent bulbs and other household hazardous materials) - No additional charge - to make an appointment call 916-355-8367 ext. #2 or go to www.FolsomHazMat.com
- M.O.W.E.R Program (Minimizing Organic Waste with Education & Recycling) – Educational classes about backyard composting and grasscycling. Receive a discounted backyard compost bin or rebate for mulching lawnmower - for more details call 916-355-8367 ext.#4
- Dumpster Rentals – 3-yard to 40-yard dumpsters available. For details call 916-355-8367 ext.#3
- Sharps Program – Partnership with pharmacies to recycle hypodermic needles – No additional charge - For details call 916-355-8367 ext.#3