The City of Folsom makes it easy to have your bulky waste collected!
Folsom residents are allowed three appointments per calendar year for pick up of bulky waste items.
To request an appointment, call 355-8367 ext. #1 or go to our Appointment Signup Page.
Terms of Service:
ATTENTION: Piles placed out earlier than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment are subject to code violation.
* The account must be current in order to receive Neighborhood Cleanup Service.
| Acceptable materials || Unacceptable materials |
- Yard waste
- Lawn mowers (remove gas and oil)
- BBQs (no propane tanks)
- Tires (up to 5)
- Auto parts or fluids
- Concrete, bricks or rocks
- Dirt or sod
- Tree stumps
- Cement-filled tires
- Commercial or household garbage
- Heavy metal items (e.g., engine block)
- Steel pipe
- Items longer than 6' (e.g., lumber, PVC pipe, etc.)
* Materials must be out by 6:00 a.m. on the day of your appointment and NO EARLIER THAN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE APPOINTMENT.
* Piles placed out more than 24 hours prior to a pickup are subject to code violation.
* Items must be placed at the curb, on the edge of the street for pickup.
* No alleyway pickups please.
* Please separate metal items and appliances from other materials. These items are collected by a separate vehicle for recycling. All items may not be picked up at the same time.
* If you no longer need your appointment, you must cancel to avoid it counting as one of your three pickups for the year. If you booked online, you can cancel using the link on your confirmation email. Phone cancellations are accepted until one day prior to your scheduled service date.
Appropriate Size Pile
Example of an Oversized Pile
Household hazardous waste is NOT accepted in the Neighborhood Cleanup Program except for e-waste (electronic waste).
To schedule a free household hazardous waste pick-up call 355-8367 ext. #2 or visit www.FolsomHazMat.com for an online
SMUD's Refrigerator/Freezer Rebate and Recycling Program
Please select the following link for information on SMUD's refrigerator/freezer rebate and recycling program: http://www.smud.org/rebates/refrigerator-freezer-recycling.html