Recycle trees, packaging & more
The City collects garbage, green waste and recycling on all holidays, so please place your carts curbside on your normal collection day.
Acceptable Recycling Materials
- Wrapping paper, tissue, cardboard boxes, cards and other paper packaging materials
Unacceptable Recycling Materials
- Foil-type wrapping paper and Styrofoam packaging
- Christmas lights (please bag lights and excess packaging materials and take to the City’s recycling drop-off bin located in the Walmart parking lot)
- Small trees may be cut and placed in green waste carts, as long as the lid closes completely.
- Larger trees may be dropped off at the annual Christmas Tree Recycling Drop-off Event on Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 3 & 4 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Rodeo Park (end of Stafford Street). Remove all ornaments and stands. Boy Scouts will help unload trees.
Boy Scouts also collect trees throughout the city as part of their fundraising activities. Watch for fliers distributed on your doorstep.
To learn more about holiday recycling, call the City’s Solid Waste Division at (916) 355-8367.