The City of Folsom Fire Department reminds residents to follow these tips for a safe Halloween:
• Choose a costume without long trailing fabric. This can cause a child to trip or may touch flames in jack-o’-lanterns or other decorations.
• If you make your own costume, use materials that won’t catch on fire easily if they come in contact with heat or flame.
• Give your children flashlights or glow sticks so they can see where they are walking and be easily visible to other people and drivers.
• Keep decorations away from candles, light bulbs, or heaters.
• Consider using flameless candles or glow sticks in your jack-o’-lanterns.
• Keep exits clear of decorations and any other possible obstructions.
• Be sure your children only accept commercially wrapped candy. Inspect your children’s candy for tampering before they have any treats.
For more information about Halloween safety, please visit the following websites: