The City of Folsom is currently at
Water Conservation "Basic Stage" - Stage 1
During Stage 1, the following restrictions are enforced:
- No runoff or gutter flooding
- Prompt repair of leaks
- Recirculation devices on pools and water features
- Empty and refill pools and water features for health, structural, or maintenance reasons only
- Irrigation systems may not spray impervious surfaces (sidewalks, streets, etc.) or operate in disrepair
- Hoses must have a shut-off nozzle
- No irrigation in the rain or within 48 hours of measurable precipitation
- No irrigation with automatic irrigation systems between the hours of 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Restaurants shall serve water only upon specific request
- No watering ornamental turf in street medians with potable water
Folsom water customers are encouraged to voluntarily reduce water consumption by 10%, compared with 2013 water usage.
Learn more about the restrictions enforced with the different water conservation stages here.
Droughts occur slowly over a multi-year period and the impacts of a drought increase with duration. Learn more about current state conditions, drought planning and preparedness from the California Department of Water Resources.
Folsom Lake Data
Daily Drought Information Summary
Save Our Water - Department of Water Resources
U.S. Drought Monitor - provided by the NDMC, USDA, & NOAA
Water Supply Reliability Certification
2016 SWRCB Self-Certification Worksheet
2016 SWRCB Self-Certification Water Supply Documentation
Certification of Self-Certified Conservation Standard