The fireworks booth lottery was held Wednesday, April 4th. Below are the applicants who were chosen:
|Folsom High School Music Boosters||Arts/Cultural/Other|
|Sweet Dreams Foundation||Arts/Cultural/Other|
|Folsom Lacrosse Association||Athletic|
|Folsom Fusion Girls Basketball||Athletic|
|Sierra Marlins Swim Team||Athletic|
|Folsom Youth Football and Cheer||Athletic|
|Mad Dawg Wrestling Club||Athletic|
|Vista Del Lago Music Boosters, Inc.||Educational|
|Friends of Folsom||Fraternal/Service/Veterans|
|Folsom Women of the Moose Chapter 1588||Fraternal/Service/Veterans|
|Knights of Columbus Council 6197||Fraternal/Service/Veterans|
|Folsom City Host Lions Club||Fraternal/Service/Veterans|
|IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER|
|2018 PRELIMINARY APPLICATION||Applications due: March 30, 2018, Noon|
|Lottery Drawing of Qualified Applicants||Wednesday, April 4, 2018 - 3:30 PM
City Council Chambers - 50 Natoma Street
|Notification Letters Sent to Applicants||Thursday, April 12, 2018|
|Final Permit Application Due||Friday, May 4, 2018 - Noon|
|Mandatory Booth Operator Training||Thursday, June 7, 2018 - 6:00 PM
Station 35 - 535 Glenn Drive
|Booth Inspections/Permits Issued||Thursday, June 28, 2018|
|Permitted Firework Sales||Noon, June 28th thru July 4th, 9:00 PM|
Safe and Sane Fireworks
The sale, use, and discharge of 'safe and sane' fireworks are allowed in the City of Folsom from noon on June 28th through midnight on July 4th. Fireworks must be used as the manufacturer directs and under adult supervision. Fireworks must not be used in open space areas or around combustible vegetation. For a list of specific locations in the city of Folsom where all fireworks are prohibited click here.
All fireworks other than those classified by the State Fire Marshall as "safe and sane" are classified as dangerous and are illegal to possess, use, sell or discharge in California. These fireworks will be seized and violators will be cited and fined. Examples of dangerous fireworks are firecrackers, Roman candles, bottle rockets and aerial shells or mortars.
Alteration or modification of safe and sane fireworks is a violation of State Fireworks Law and may be prosecuted as a felony under Penal Code Section 12301.
The minimum fine for use or possession of illegal fireworks in the City of Folsom is $1,000
Firework Safety Tips
Safety tips from the U.S. Fire Administration:
1. The best way to enjoy fireworks is to visit public fireworks displays put on by professionals who know how to safely handle fireworks.
2. If you plan to use fireworks, make sure they are legal in your area.
3. Never light fireworks indoors or near dry grass.
4. Always have a bucket of water and/or a fire extinguisher nearby. Know how to operate the fire extinguisher properly.
5. Do not wear loose clothing while using fireworks.
6. Stand several feet away from lit fireworks. If a device does not go off, do not stand over it to investigate it. Put it out with water and dispose of it.
7. Always read the directions and warning labels on fireworks. If a device is not marked with the contents, direction, and a warning label, do not light it.
8. Supervise children around fireworks at all times.
Fireworks Facts & Statistics
The National Fire Protection Association collects data nationwide on the use of fireworks. Their data and information can be found here.