The Folsom Fire Department offers car seat checks free of charge to the general public. All car seat checks are made by appointment only and are conducted at Station 35, 535 Glenn Drive. Please call 916-533-4116 to schedule.
Before Your Appointment
- Appointments generally take about 30 minutes.
- Bring your car seat and/or booster seat’s instruction manual as well as your vehicle manual.
- Please arrive at least five minutes prior to the start of your appointment.
- If you need to cancel, please give us a call.
During Your Appointment
- We will teach you how to safely install your seat in your vehicle.
To check to see if your child’s safety seat has been recalled check the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Child Seat Recall Campaign Listing.
- We will make sure you are using the correct seat for your child’s age, weight and height.
- If you decided to bring your child with you, we can make sure their harness is fitting correctly.