What it takes to become a Folsom Police Dispatcher
Benefits of being a Folsom Police Dispatcher
How to apply to become a Folsom Police Dispatcher
Lateral- Dispatcher II: 1 year of full-time dispatch experience with a governmental law enforcement agency. Duties routinely performed must be similar to the those complete by dispatchers at Folsom Police Department.
Entry Level- Dispatcher I: Two (2) years of full-time clerical experience involving substantial public contact. Experience in dealing with difficult or distressed individuals is desirable. Must be able to type 45 WPM and provide a typing certification with proof of typing skills with application. The certificate must be dated within the last year.
- Lateral- Dispatcher II: Must have current and valid POST Dispatch Certificate
- Entry Level- Dispatcher I: Must be able to type 45 WPM and provide a typing certification.
- Must have or be able to obtain a California Class C Driver License by time of appointment. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be willing to work varied, rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Folsom Police Dispatchers are a vital part of our department and our community. Our ideal candidates would:
- Remain calm, act quickly, and use good judgment under pressure.
- Learn to effectively operate computer aided dispatch system, 911 telephone equipment and radio equipment.
- Interact with the public courteously, with patience and a positive attitude.
Besides the benefit of working in a wonderful, supportive community, our Dispatchers also receive:
- Generous pay and benefits
- CalPERS Retirement
- Up to 10% for education incentive and certification pay for POST Dispatcher Certificate
- Holiday In Lieu Pay
- Bilingual Pay
- CTO Pay
We are not currently recruiting Dispatchers. Please check the City of Folsom Human Resource Department to see the latest City employment opportunities.
Know the Process
After you submit you application, the next steps include:
- Applicants that best suit the City's need will be invited to participate in the selection process including a mandatory orientation, online Wonderlic test, CRITICALL testing and interview panels.
- Pass a detailed and rigorous background screening process.