We are hiring! Want to become one of Folsom's Finest?
What it takes to become a Folsom Police Officer
Benefits of being a Folsom Police Officer
How to apply to become a Folsom Police Officer
- Entry level candidates are currently in a POST Basic Academy, recently graduated from a POST approved Basic Academy and/or are currently working as a peace officer for a recognized law enforcement agency, but who have not obtained a POST Basic Certificate.
- Lateral candidates are currently working for a recognized law enforcement agency, have successfully completed the probation period for that agency and possess a State of California POST Basic Certificate.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of POST approved Basic Academy by hire date (Entry level candidates)
- Possess POST Basic Certificate (Lateral candidates)
- 1+ year of law enforcement experience (Lateral candidates)
- 21 years of age or older
- Possess a valid California Driver's License
This isn't just what you see in the movies. Our department's community policing approach means that officers work in partnership with our community to solve problems and prevent crime. Our ideal candidates would:
- Be good communicators and be able to meet and deal with the public tactfully and effectively.
- Be able analyze situations and adopt quick, effective, and reasonable course of action.
- Have knowledge of police methods and procedures, criminal law and criminal procedures.
See the detailed job description and qualifications to learn more about this position.
Besides the benefit of working in a wonderful, supportive community, our Police Officers also receive:
- Generous pay and benefits
- Up to 10% for education incentive and Certification pay for advanced POST Certificates
- On-duty workout time
- Bilingual Pay
- FTO Pay
- 4/10 or 3/12.5 work schedules
- Special assignments such as bicycle, K-9, Investigations, Motors, Mounted, School Resource and SWAT
Apply to become a Folsom Police Officer online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/folsom. Be sure to complete all sections of the application and submit before Final Filing Date- no late applications will be accepted.
Know the Process
After you submit you application, the next steps include:
- Pass a written exam. The City utilizes the POST Entry-Level Law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLETB). Applicants desiring to waive the written exam must submit a proof of a valid POST T-score of 46 or higher (must have been completed within the last calendar year). Lateral candidates with a POST Basic Certificate will be exempt from the written exam.
- If selected, qualified candidates will participate in an initial oral interview which will determine whether candidates are placed on the Eligibility List.
- Once placed on the Eligibility List, candidates will return for a second interview with Police Department Management.
- Pass a detailed and rigorous background screening process.