Folsom Police Department's Records Division can help provide copies of records. To obtain records, please be sure to complete a Records Request Form.
Copies of Police Reports
Copies of Collision Reports
Officers have seven-to-10 business days to complete a report. After this time-frame has lapsed, and you would like to obtain a copy, you must request the report.
Please see the steps below on how to request a report:
- Call the Records Division prior to coming to the Police Department to determine if your report has been completed. Please have your report number available. If you do not have your report number, please be prepared to give a date, time and location of the incident.
Please be advised not all reports can be released when requested.
Not all reports are Public Records (For example: Child Abuse reports, Medical/Mental Illness reports, Arrest reports not adjudicated and reports that are under investigation).
- Once the report is available, you must complete a Records Request Form.
Faxed requests are not accepted unless you are a Law Enforcement Agency.
- The cost for a copy of a report is $6 and cash is the only method accepted.
Most vehicle accident reports written by the Folsom Police Department are available for purchase online within 10 days of the date the accident occurred. Please see the steps below on how to request a copy online:
- Visit LexisNexis Police Reports
- You can search for a report using the date of collision, the Driver’s last name, and the report number. You must have all three pieces of information in order to obtain your report online.
- From the report search page, you will be able to search for your report, view it and print it.
- The cost of the report is $16 and you may pay for your report via this secure site with a credit card or you may contact LexisNexis at 888-332-8244.
If it has been more than 10 days and your vehicle accident report is not available online, please contact the Records Division at 916-355-7236.