The Folsom Police Department will review requests for U-Visa certifications in the following types of cases:
- A Folsom Police Department report was taken and
- The case has not been referred to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office or
- The case was referred to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, but was rejected for prosecution.
If the case was reviewed by the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, and charges were filed (including cases where a warrant was issued), please go here for further instructions.
All requests for certification MUST be submitted with a copy of the report prepared by the Folsom Police Department. To obtain a copy of the report, please contact Folsom Police Records.
Submit U-Visa Request
I-918 (U-Visa Request) - Be sure to follow the instructions below carefully.
I-918 B forms MUST be completely and accurately filled out with the exception of the signature line and date. If the required information is not provided, is incomplete, or filled out incorrectly, forms may be returned or rejected.
- Please do not include information about injuries the Folsom Police Department has not documented within the report and cannot attest to (for example; “applicant suffered emotional trauma and suffers from difficulty sleeping.”)
- If the reviewer does not agree with the information you have provided, changes may be made to the certification form. If any significant alteration has been made, you will be notified.
- Folsom Police Department Report retention policy requires that reports are maintain for five years and one day after prosecution is adjudicated, with some exception. If the case you are requested to be certified falls outside off this policy, it may no longer be available for consideration.
- Please do not list “See Attached” when asked to provide information about:
- Facts of the case.
- Injuries sustained by the applicant.
- Box marked “other".
Please use the following required information for the I-918 B form (Part 2):
- Name of Certifying Agency: Folsom Police Department
- Name of Certifying Official: Mark Schanrock
- Name of Head of Certifying Agency: Rick Hillman, Chief of Police
- Agency Address: 46 Natoma Street Folsom, CA 95630-2614
- Certifying Agency Category: Law Enforcement
Please send all requests to:
Folsom Police Department
Attn: Criminal Investigations Division/ U-Visa
46 Natoma Street
Folsom, CA 95630-2614
You MUST include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with your certification request.
If you have further questions, contact Commander Mark Schanrock.