50 Natoma Street, Folsom, CA 95630
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
The City Arborist assists in developing and promoting the planning, care and management of an attractive, environmentally appropriate and sustainable urban forest within the City of Folsom.
The City Arborist is a member of the Community Development Department within the Engineering Services Division and is responsible for:
- The administration and enforcement of the City of Folsom Tree Preservation Ordinance.
- The review of proposed private and public development projects in regards to potential impacts to existing trees on development sites.
- The review of proposed private and public development projects in regards to the creation of new urban forestry resources such as commercial landscapes, streetscapes and parks.
- The monitoring and care of Landmark Trees.
- Assists the Public Works Department, Landscape and Lighting Districts, and the Parks and Recreation Department in planning and maintaining landscapes through the city.