Solid Waste Division
Solid Waste Customer Service
Call (916) 355-8367 or email email@example.com
For billing questions or to start or stop service:
Call (916) 355-7295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|The 2015-2016 Recycling and Green Waste collection schedules |
have been mailed. Visit the Collection Schedule page for electronic versions of the collection schedules
The goal of the City’s Solid Waste Division is to provide cost-effective and efficient solid waste, recycling and hazardous materials collection services for our residential and business community. Folsom has always strived to improve it's solid waste services. These improvements include a residential curbside recycling program that has enabled the City to meet the State’s stringent mandate for recycling 50% of the City's waste.
The City also offers one of the only door-to-door programs in the state for the collection of household hazardous and electronic waste. Regulatory requirements have prompted the addition of batteries and fluorescent bulbs to this program. Recycling hazardous waste is critical in protecting our environment from the potentially harmful effects of these materials.
The City’s Neighborhood Cleanup Program is another service that's been improved to provide greater customer service for our community. The Neighborhood Cleanup Program offers single family households the opportunity to receive up to three pickups per year. Residents can make their appointments electronically through our new online appointment process, offering a more user-friendly experience.
» Report Illegal Dumping
If you see a pile on the street, note the location and immediately contact the Illegal Dumping Hotline at (916) 355-8367.
If possible, please provide the address or cross street nearest the illegally dumped materials. By making a quick and accurate report, City staff can take action to have it removed.If you see a pile on the street, note the location and immediately contact the at (916) 355-8367. If possible, please provide the address or cross street nearest the illegally dumped materials. By making a quick and accurate report, City staff can take action to have it removed.
If you actively witness illegal dumping, please contact the City of Folsom Police Department at (916) 355-7231 with the license plate, vehicle make and model, and a description of the violator.
» Schedule Online
The City's Neighborhood Cleanup Program has an online appointment system. You can now make your neighborhood cleanup/bulky item service appointment at a time that's convenient for you...Neighborhood Cleanup Webpage.
» Citizen Representation through the City's Utility Commission
Folsom residents play an important role in ensuring utility services are in tune with the public's interests and preferences. The Utility Commission (UC) is a seven-member group appointed by the Folsom City Council. Five of the members are individually appointed, and two are appointed “at large” by the Council as a whole.The UC meets monthly to review budgets, discuss operations of all city utilities (solid waste, sewer and water), and ensure that the City’s staff are aware of the resident’s concerns.Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m., the third Tuesday of every month at City Hall. The public is welcome to attend.
» Programs and Services:
- For any billing questions, please call (916) 355-7295 or email email@example.com
- Extra pick-ups: Fee: $15 per cart - available Monday through Friday for any type of cart - call: 355-8367 ext #1
- Neighborhood Cleanup - for collection of bulky items that won't fit in your trash cart - No additional charge (3 times per year) - call 355-8367 ext. #1
- Missed pickups and cart service change requests – (damaged carts, additional carts, and cart substitutions) – call 355-8367 ext. #1
- Door-to-Door household hazardous and electronic waste recycling (batteries, oil, paint, antifreeze, TV’s, computer monitors, fluorescent bulbs and other household hazardous materials) No additional charge - to make an appointment call: 355-8367 ext. #2 or go to www.FolsomHazMat.com
- M.O.W.E.R Program (Minimizing Organic Waste with Education & Recycling) – Educational classes about backyard composting and grasscycling. Receive a discounted backyard compost bin or rebate for mulching lawnmower - for more details call 355-8367 ext.#4
- Rent-a-Dumpster – 3-yard to 40-yard dumpster rentals. Call: 355-8367 ext.#3
For sizes and rates click on Dumpster Rentals below.
- Sharps Program – Partnership with pharmacies to recycle hypodermic needles – No additional charge - For details call 355-8367 ext.#3
|Copyright © 2000 - 2015 Civica Software, CA||Powered by||