Neighborhood Cleanup Program
The City of Folsom makes it easy to have your bulky waste collected!
Folsom residential customers are allowed three appointments per calendar year for pick up of up to 5 cubic yards of bulky waste items per appointment.
To request an appointment, go to our online Appointment Signup Page
or call 355-8367 ext. #1
When you schedule your appointment online, you will receive a confirmation email of your request. Please watch your email for any updates and/or appointment request date changes.
Cardboard picked up with this service is not recycled. If you have cardboard, please recycle it at our 24-hr recycling collection center located in the Wal-Mart Center, corner of Glenn and Riley streets or one of the other community recycling locations.
Terms of Service:
ATTENTION: Piles placed out earlier than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment are subject to code violation.
* The account must be current in order to receive Neighborhood Cleanup Service.
| Acceptable materials || Unacceptable materials |
- Yard waste
Branches and Lumber must be cut to six foot length or less and no more than 6" in diameter
- Lawn mowers (remove gas and oil)
- BBQs (no propane tanks)
- Tires (up to 5)
- Auto parts or fluids
- Concrete, bricks, rocks, or tile
- Dirt, sand, or sod
- Tree stumps
- Cement-filled tires
- Commercial or household garbage
- Heavy metal items (e.g., engine block)
- Steel pipe
- Items longer than 6' (e.g., lumber, PVC pipe, etc.)
- Household Hazardous Waste
- E-Waste (TV, computer, monitor, printer, microwave, etc)
* Materials must be out by 6:00 a.m. on the day of your appointment.
* Piles placed out more than 24 hours prior to a pickup are subject to code violation.
* Items must be placed at the curb, on the edge of the street for pickup.
* No alley way pickups please.
* Branches/lumber must be six feet or less in length and no larger than 6" in diameter.
* Please separate metals and appliances from other materials. These items are collected by a separate vehicle for recycling. All items may not be picked up at the same time.
* If you no longer need your appointment, you must cancel to avoid it counting as one of your three pickups for the year. If you booked online, you can cancel using the link on your confirmation email. Phone cancellations are accepted until one day prior to your scheduled service date.
Household hazardous waste and E-Waste are NOT accepted in the Neighborhood Cleanup Program!
Such as ...
Oils, cleaners, fuels, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers, pesticides, batteries, chemicals, paint, Computers, TVs, Microwaves, printers, monitors, etc
To schedule a free household hazardous waste pick-up call 355-8367 ext. #2 or visit www.FolsomHazMat.com for an online
Appropriate Size Pile
Example of an Oversized Pile
SMUD's Refrigerator/Freezer Rebate and Recycling Program
Please select the following link for information on SMUD's refrigerator/freezer rebate and recycling program: http://www.smud.org/rebates/refrigerator-freezer-recycling.htmlCONTACT US:
Call us at (916) 355-8367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org