Applications Available to Sell Fireworks

Applications Available to Sell Fireworks in Folsom

The application window for local nonprofit groups to sell state-approved fireworks in the City of Folsom runs from March 2 through March 27. 

Folsom clubs, such as youth sports groups, school booster clubs, and other civic organizations, are eligible to sell “safe and sane” fireworks to the public during the Fourth of July holiday season as a way to raise money for their Folsom-based organization.

Applicants must demonstrate their nonprofit has a membership of at least 20 residents and has been actively operating within the City of Folsom for more than one yearAll resident information must be submitted as part of the preliminary application.

Due to the on-going drought conditions in the local area, the City Manager may, with the advice of the Fire Chief, declare the existence of extreme fire danger conditions on any given day and issue an order prohibiting the sale, use or discharge of any fireworks within the City of Folsom until such danger abates.

The forms are available on the City of Folsom website and at Folsom Fire Station 35, located at 535 Glenn Drive.  For more information call 984-2280. 

( View PDF )