Community Improvement Projects Update
The City of Folsom is busy improving our community with these infrastructure and construction projects
- Rainbow Bridge: Work will resume in October on the historic Rainbow Bridge, including concrete patchwork on the arches, columns and abutments. The project is anticipated to have very minor traffic impacts and will be completed by the end of 2017.
- Green Valley Road Widening: Construction will begin in spring 2018 to complete the widening of Green Valley Road between East Natoma Street and the El Dorado County line, and add Class 2 bike lanes from East Natoma Street to Sophia Parkway.
- Neighborhood Sidewalk Rehabilitation Project: Crews are replacing curbs, gutters and sidewalks in the Natoma Station neighborhood, as well as a large area on Fargo Way.
- Empire Ranch Signal Project: Five traffic signals will be installed along Empire Ranch Road in 2018.
- Golf Links Drive and Silberhorn Drive Improvements: A new traffic signal will be installed at Golf Links Drive and Silberhorn Drive, and new ADA ramps and an extension of Class 1 Bike Trail will be completed by this winter.
- Crosswalk Projects: Crews will replace a 4-way stop at Russell Ranch Elementary School with a pedestrian-activated signal and crosswalk. A new signal and crosswalk at East Bidwell and Coloma streets will improve safety and access to Sutter Middle School.
- Folsom Sports Complex Traffic: Traffic flow will improve near the Folsom Sports Complex on Clarksville Road thanks to the conversion of a through lane to a left turn lane to better handle traffic.
East Bidwell/Coloma Signal Project: As part of the renovation to the Sutter Middle School Campus Project, the City will design and construct a new traffic signal at the intersection of East Bidwell and Coloma streets. Design will be completed this winter and construction will take place in early 2018.