New Fiscal Year Budget Takes Effect
The Folsom City Council approved a $209 million balanced budget for the 2019-20 fiscal year starting July 1, marking the end of an annual process of evaluating the city’s fiscal health, community priorities, infrastructure needs, and daily operations. The budget represents a $3.3 million increase over last year’s adopted budget.
This budget preserves and enhances the fundamental priorities of the community and maintains a sustainable budget that addresses the city’s priority programmatic needs. The budget includes an operating budget for day-to-day city programs and services and a capital improvement program which funds public construction projects and infrastructure. The spending plan includes:
- Green Valley Road widening
- Street resurfacing and drainage improvements
- Upgrades at the water treatment plant
- Davies Park improvements, including a new streetscape, parking lot, and baseball field
- Livermore Community Park improvements, including trail connections, walkways, drainage systems, and a new parking lot
- Benevento Family Park design, and partial funding reserved for future construction
- Fire Station 38 renovation and modernization
- One new replacement fire engine
- Ten new replacement police department vehicles
- Expanded intelligent transportation systems technology
The budget is available on the city’s website. For more information contact Budget Manager Terri Hemley at email@example.com or 916-461-6083.