Prop 218 Mailer and New FAQ Available on Proposed Utility Rate Increases
The City of Folsom has posted a Proposition 218 Notification Mailer and new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to its website to provide helpful information and answer questions about proposed rate increases for water, wastewater, and solid waste services. The city is currently considering recommendations in an independent Rate Study to gradually increase rates for utility services in the years 2020-2024.
The Proposition 218 Mailer, which is scheduled for delivery to every property owner and customer using utility services provided by the City of Folsom, includes detailed information about:
- Current and proposed rates for each utility.
- Proposed schedule of phased rate increases.
- The reason for the increased utility rates and the basis for calculating the proposed rates.
- How Folsom’s rates compare to other neighboring communities.
- The date, time and location of public hearing on the proposed rates.
- How customers can provide input.
- Where written protests may be mailed or delivered.
The FAQ provides a comprehensive list of questions with answers on items such as:
- Why the Rate Study recommended rate increases.
- Efforts to minimize necessary rate increases.
- Whether proposed rate increases will fund development in the Folsom Plan Area (south of Highway 50).