Physical Distancing in Parks and Trails
Outdoor Recreation Guidelines
Now more than ever, our local parks and trails are serving as places where people can find respite and seek peace and restoration. Let’s all do our part to use these outdoor spaces in a way that respects each other and public health guidance.
We encourage all users to follow these guidelines:
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- Go solo or with members of your household; now is not the time to meet up with friends or groups of people (you can do that virtually).
- Maintain a social distance at all times of six feet or more from other people when you’re outdoors, whether you’re on foot or on bike.
- Avoid crowded areas – if a park or trail seems too crowded to allow for social distancing, choose a different location or visit at an off-peak time. City of Folsom park hours are 7 a.m. to one hour after sunset.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence before you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow instructions and notices on signs posted at parks and along trails.
- Keep dogs on a leash at all times, and don’t allow them to visit with any person who is not a member of your household.