Fireworks Safety Tips
Fourth of July fireworks are a favorite Folsom tradition. However, fireworks can quickly become dangerous if proper precautions are not taken. With a little care and common sense, fireworks can be a safe and fun activity for everyone. The Folsom Fire Department offers these important tips to stay safe this Fourth of July:
- Be sure to purchase “Safe and Sane” fireworks that bear the State Fire Marshal’s seal.
- Fireworks that explode or leave the ground are illegal in California, unless if you have a fire department permit.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Read and follow all directions.
- When using legal fireworks, only set them off outdoors in a clear area that is away from homes, dry leaves, grass, and other flammable materials.
- Supervise children and be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Always have a bucket of water for disposal of fireworks and a hose connected to water in case of fire.
- Do not try to relight or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Soak them with water and throw them away.
- Fireworks are prohibited in all city-owned properties and parks except at the Lembi Community Park parking lot. The use of fireworks on all trails and open spaces in the City of Folsom is prohibited.