The City of Folsom makes it easy to have your bulky waste collected!
The Bulky Waste Pickup Program is available to single family residential customers in the City of Folsom. Residents are allowed three appointments per calendar year for pick up of up to five cubic yards of bulky waste items per appointment. Please read terms of service below. If you live in an apartment or need a pickup at a business location, please contact our office for options.
Schedule an appointment online or by calling 916-461-6730.
Terms of Service:
ATTENTION: Piles placed out earlier than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment are subject to code violation.
|Acceptable Materials||Unacceptable Materials|
|Yard waste||Auto parts or fluid|
|Furniture/mattresses||Concrete, bricks, rocks, or tile|
|Metals/appliances (including microwaves)||Dirt, sand, or sod|
|Lawnmowers (remove gas and oil)||Tree Stumps|
|BBQs (no propane tanks)||Cement-filled tires|
|Tires (Up to 5)||Combustibles/flammables|
|Toilets||Commercial or household garbage|
|Glass windows/doors (Please make sure it is visible as we approach the pile so it can be handled carefully.)||Heavy metal items (e.g., engine block)|
|Treated wood waste/railroad ties
|Items longer than 6' (e.g., lumber, PVC pipe, etc)
|Household Hazardous Waste *(Oils, cleaners, fuels, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers, pesticides, batteries, chemicals, paint, etc.)|
|E-Waste (TV, computer, monitor, printer, solar panels, etc.)|
* Schedule a free household hazardous waste pickup online or call 461-6730.
Maximum Amount Allowed: 5 Cubic YardsThis is a pile 7' x 6' x 3'. If you have more than five cubic yards of material, you can rent a bin from the City. Call 916-461-6730.
• The account must be current in order to receive Neighborhood Cleanup Service.
• Materials must be out by 6:00 a.m. on the day of your appointment.
• Items must be placed at the curb, on the edge of the street for pickup. Items placed on your property will not be picked up.
• To minimize the chance of broken glass, please make sure glass is visible to our drivers as they approach.
• No alleyway pickups.
• Branches/lumber must be six feet or less in length and no larger than 6" in diameter.
• Please separate metals and appliances from other materials. These items are collected by a separate vehicle for recycling. All items may not be picked up at the same time.
• If you no longer need your appointment, you must cancel to avoid it counting as one of your three pickups for the year. Phone cancellations are accepted until one day prior to your scheduled service date.
• Cardboard picked up with this service is not recycled. If you have cardboard, please recycle it at one of the community recycling locations.